Monday, December 15, 2008

As Coherent As One Can Be At 4am

This is obviously a public blog and I know that I have an audience, albeit a very tiny one. I still however, tend to write mostly for myself and to myself. Though, that's not to say that this isn't addressed to you as well...

A friend got me thinking about past entries I've made both here and on other blogs. Every once in a while you can find something of mine that I've posted on the Internet and it will be something silly and pointless. Like a fill in the blanks or a survey, which seem to be quite popular on facebook*** nowadays. That is however, a rare find. When I get around to posting, I try to make it something worthwhile and meaningful. I try to show those that read my entries (including myself) a new little piece of me. It may not always be a pretty piece but my life isn't always a happy tale. Certainly, there are things that I keep private, but I put the essence of my being into all these entries nonetheless.

I believe that it can be hard to figure out who you are when you only ever see yourself from one perspective. I find it very useful to take a step back and see things in a new light; with a new frame of mind. Taking my thoughts and placing them outside of myself, whether in the form of words, music or art, helps me to do that. And although I may have been unaware of it then, that has been the purpose of so many of my previous posts.

*** I wonder how long it will take (if ever) before facebook goes the way of so many other sites like xanga, myspace, friendster, etc. Unlike the others though, I really enjoy facebook. Hmm...

No comments: